If you wish to become a member of the Richland Township Vol. Fire Dept. please follow the steps outlined below.
There are several phases to the application process in order to achieve membership in our department.
- Download and complete the Application. (page 1)
- If you are under 18yo, you must complete the Parent/Legal Guardian section (Page 2) of the Application.
- Enter only your personal information spaces of the Background Check Authorization form. (Page 3)
- Have a Medical Physical conducted and submit a doctors release to perform firefighting duties. (If over 18 yrs old.)
- Submit a $10 Application Fee (pays for the PA State Police background check) along with everything listed above.
Many believe that by completing the 5 steps they will become a member, thus many fail to achieve membership.
After the 5 steps are completed…we expect anyone wishing to become a member participate and make themselves known to the other members of the department. We have training every Tuesday evening from 7pm to 9pm, we hold fundraising events throughout the year, we have over 13 pieces of fire apparatus to learn, as well as much, much more.
Please bear in mind that your acceptance into our department is based upon a ‘majority vote’ of our members in attendance of our monthly fire department meetings. Thus it is important for you to be around and to make yourself known.
To conduct a ride-along with our department please print out and complete the ride-along form.